Wednesday, October 12, 2005

An Honest Living

Good to see Al Gore doing something constructive with his time. Certainly left something to be desired as a political campaigner, but he gives a thoughtful speech here about the problems with American media and what he hopes to accomplish with his satellite TV network (called, I believe, CurrentTV).

http://news.channels.netscape.ca/news/article.adp?id=20051006101909990019

As for the network, I assume it's on digital cable and therefore I'm too cheap to get it, but as I understand, it does Internet-friendly news and features segments, podcasted and targeted to young adults and teenagers. These will have to be some nerdy teenagers, but it seems like a worthwhile project. (There is a market there -- all my friends and I would have been watching this in high school, when we weren't watching Kids in the Hall reruns and X-Files.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home